Thursday, April 1, 2010

Project Updates

by Liz

Unfortunately last weekend I got sick which foiled my plans to work on the top I posted about last week. But while I was hanging around my apartment, I found some great inspiration on Beklina's website. I've never actually bought anything from their site, but its definitely worth checking out and they have some really great sales. While perusing their latest additions, I came across this Lina Rennell hat.


My mom is always telling me I should wear a floppy hat to help protect myself from the sun and this one was out of my price range, so I thought this would be a really great DIY!

I headed over to Etsy in search of a pattern and found a great downloadable option from Betz White's shop.

(pattern available for purchase here.)

I think if I can find the right fabric and maybe alter the brim a bit, it would be a pretty good interpretation. What do you guys think? Any fabric suggestions for me? My first instinct is to check out what PurlSoho has to offer. Fingers crossed I find something that works!

(Images from Beklina and BetzWhite)

No comments:

Post a Comment