Friday, April 16, 2010

Balcony Project Complete

by Emily

Another gloomy Friday in NYC – but I refuse to let it get me down; I have some sunny, spring photos to share with you. A few weeks ago, I made note of an upcoming DIY project for my balcony. I must say, it has really shaped up to be a thing of beauty…

Of course, it’s not perfect, as there are sections of concrete that are still visible, (all thanks to an NYC architect from the late 1960’s who thought a trapezoid-esque balcony was innovative). However, it has vastly improved the space, and I feel as though it is just beckoning us to come out, sip on a cool drink, and admire some of our greenery that we’re slowly amassing to fill up the grey floor space. 

Here’s our tomato plant, a variety named “Abe Lincoln,” which totally prompted us to buy it on the spot at the Union Square Farmer’s Market.

I’m also working on my herb garden. We brought home a small pot of chives, basil, cilantro and thyme to get us started, as well as some mint and parsley. I’m so excited to get cooking in the kitchen with all of these fresh ingredients.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment