Thursday, April 8, 2010

Anthropologie Inspired DIY

by Liz

Its no secret that I love Anthropologie. Even just being inside the store makes me happy - except for when I think about what it would cost me to buy everything I love! Occasionally I will save up for that one special item but sometimes I need to get a little thrifty.

The Coming & Going Skirt is a favorite of mine right now, but the $198 price tag is just not going to happen for me. Isn't it beautiful?


I think this skirt is the perfect opportunity for a little DIY. If you look closely, it is really just a pencil skirt with some ruffles. Two tasks that shouldn't be that difficult to complete! With a little searching, I found two patterns that might work:



And maybe this fabric from Purl Soho?

Perhaps I'll give it a shot.

In other news, this weekend I'm taking a sewing class at The Needle Shop. Check back in next Thursday for pictures!

(Photos from Anthropologie, Betsy Ross, Simplicity, and PurlSoho)

No comments:

Post a Comment