Thursday, March 25, 2010

Weekend Project

by Liz

This weekend I'm hoping to get some sewing accomplished (fingers crossed). I have a bad habit of taking on too many projects at once so I am going to attempt to start tackling them one by one. I think that by chronicling them here, it will help me cross things off my to do list.

Next up: Sew Tessuti's Favorite Top

Tessuti is a fabric store in Australia that also has a really great blog. They post about the new fabrics that come in the shop, pattern reviews, and pictures of things their clients have created with their fabrics.
Lisa and Colette both purchased the same shirt and immediately fell in love. They were kind enough to draft a pattern for it so we can all have one.

I tried making this top a couple months ago and neglected to read their instructions about the seam allowances. I tend to get a little over eager with projects and just dive in. There was nothing I could do to salvage the top, my arms didn't fit in the sleeves!


I've since read the instructions over a few times and am hoping this time will be more successful. Wish me luck!
You can download the pattern here to try it for yourself. Check back next week for an update from me. Happy sewing!

(Photos from Sew Tessuti)

No comments:

Post a Comment