Thursday, April 22, 2010

DIY Gift Bows

by Liz

This past weekend Bob's super cute nephew was baptized. I realized the night before that we didn't have any gift wrap and luckily remembered a great gift bow tutorial I saw over on How About Orange.

The tutorial gives instructions for how to make a bow out of magazine pages. Full instructions available here.

(Photos by How About Orange)

I had some cute polka dot fabric left over from a shirt I had made awhile ago and decided to use that instead. I cut out the fabric strips using my new pinking shears so the ends didn't fray, then sprayed it with a little bit of fabric stabilizer to prevent the bow from wilting.

Here is what I ended up with:

The bow is really quick and easy to make, I'd definitely recommend giving it a try. And since I'm a fan of shameless self-promotion, the newspaper page I used advertises the Pitchfork Music Festival which Bob works for. The lineup is awesome so everyone should come visit me this summer and attend!

2 comments:

  1. Oooo! Great idea. I'm definitely going to try this sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz, I love the bow! And I too read How About Orange! I also like the bass picture in the background, I have mine at work, looking at it right now. Although, now I'm thinking I should frame it too.

    ReplyDelete