Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Stash Buster

by Liz

Last night, I FINALLY made the Sew Tessutti Favorite Top that I blogged about back in March. I don't know what took me so long, but it went really well and I think it came out great. In fact, I'm wearing it right now! I'm hoping to whip up a few more of these in different colors. I will probably wear it with leggings or skinny jeans. I think the reason I put it off was because sewing knits makes me kind of nervous. Vertical lines are fine, but the horizontal seams get a little wonky. I decided not to hem the bottom and neckline since the fabric just rolled on its own.



After feeling successful making this top, I decided its time I made some progress with my pattern and fabric stash - especially after seeing the "Frock by Friday" series over on Grosgrain. I have several patterns I'd really like to try, so this is the beginning of my "stash buster" project. Each week I will gradually work on one pattern to help build my summer wardrobe using fabric and patterns I already have.

Here are some of the patterns I am going to try:



No comments:

Post a Comment