Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A Beautiful Blog

by Emi

This past week I found out about a blog called a` la mode* by Rick Poons. Designsponge featured a recipe and photographs by him of a chocolate and hazelnut baklava inspired by a recent trip to Turkey. Not only does the recipe sound awesomely delicious, but his photos are beautiful. Rick cooks, styles, and photographs everything himself, and they are truly beautiful to behold. I've read about half of his blog posts now, and he's great. Half of his blog is about recipes he's cooked and the other half is about traveling around and exploring the food of each city. His photography is really gorgeous. I have zero understanding of what it takes to take such beautiful photos and he inspires me to find out how. He has such a crisp style. I just really love it, so please check out Rick Poons' a` la mode* . He's is everything I wish I could be in a blog.


Turkish inspired baklava



Image from Turkey




Risotto with poached egg and bacon



Basil oil


All photo credited to Rick Poons

No comments:

Post a Comment