Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Beautiful in Brooklyn

By Liz

Two really talented ladies just posted previews of their upcoming clothing lines.

The first designer is by Shabd Simon-Alexander. She hand dyes all of her fabric and the designs are inspired by photos from the Hubble telescope. Photos from her autumn and winter line started circulating earlier this week and I can't stop looking at them. Here are some of my favorites...

The next is Jenny Gordy of Wikstenmade. I'm a big fan of her blog and an even bigger fan of her designs. If I had to pick one line to be my summer wardrobe, this would be it. That blue top...amazing!!!


I wish I had the guts to pull of that lipstick!

Both women also teach classes at Lena Corwin's studio in Brooklyn. When I move back to New York, I can assure you that I will be the first to sign up. Definitely check out everything Lena has to offer.

(Photos by Shabd and Wikstenmade)

No comments:

Post a Comment