Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Krazy Glue is Krazy Kool!

By Natalie

The living room in my apartment is full of "favorites." Painted my favorite color and full of my favorite furniture, it is also the place where many of my favorite past-times take place. Often when we are lounging on the couch with delicious take-out, geeking out during Lost or the Office, or simply curling up with a good book and a glass of wine, I find my attention shifting to the Living Room itself. I love to gaze at the art we have on the walls, study the architectural detail of the decorative molding, and admire the placement of the furniture (I can't believe we actually got it right!).

However, there is one thing about the Living Room that has driven me nuts for over a year. We could not find the perfect side-table for the couch. Until now.

Yeah, yeah, I hear you. The table above is definitely gross and in need of some serious attention. Yes, that's a stain on the upper left corner, and oh, that seam along the top? Totally split into two. You can open the table into halves, kind of like a big, wooden mouth. However, I love the curves and shapes, as well as the second shelf along the bottom. I knew I could fix it up with a little elbow grease.

First up, a major scrub down with some warm water and Murphy's Oil (awesome stuff, guys). Next, I naturally had to leave the table in the middle of the kitchen floor for a week while I got my lazy act together. I came to terms with my unnatural fear of Krazy Glue, and fixed the broken seam on the top shelf. I am telling you, Krazy Glue is awesome. The table was as good as new in thirty seconds, and I managed to not glue my hands to my face. Nice.

We had some leftover paint from when we moved into the apartment, so I chose a nice, neutral yellow that we used for the dining room walls.


It didn't take long at all for the paint to dry, so I had two coats done in no time. The finished product came out great, and I am happy to say that I now have a new "favorite" table in my "favorite" room.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice! Where did you acquire the cute table?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I am embarrassed to admit I found it on the curb a few blocks away from my apartment. Guilty as charged.

    ReplyDelete