Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Final Countdown

By Natalie

In a mere five days, I will step off a plane, passport in hand, and find myself in Paris, France. It is my first trip abroad, so I've been devoting my days and nights to neglecting any blog-worthy projects in favor of googling Parisian things. Mostly Parisian food-related things. Wine, cheese, baquettes, croque monsieur, ratatouille, omelettes, you name it, I will likely eat it at some point next week! I might even try escargots...



On second thought, I am not sure if that is going to happen. We shall see. At any rate, I certainly have an appointment with this lady when I get back. Thanks, cheese!

Ryan and I have opted to keep our schedule for our week in Paris rather light, so that we can wander aimlessly and stare up at the Eiffel Tower or stare down at the city from the steps of Sacre-Couer. However, I did want to share some of our planned events, so that you can get an idea of where we'll be and what we'll be eating, ahem, I mean...what we'll be doing.
  • Dinner at La Petite Couer, a fancy-pants dinner to kick off the week!
  • Day trip to Chateau Versailles to parade around like royalty. Do you think my tourist sneakers will give me away?
  • Bike About Paris tour. 3 hours, bicycles, side streets of Paris? I'll take it!
  • Possible day trip to London or Brittany. Thoughts anyone?
  • And of course, did you really think Ryan and I would go on a trip without one of these? Wish us luck!
Au revoir, mon ami!

3 comments:

  1. And don't forget about touring the Catacombs! Or maybe that will be a stop on the ghost tour???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely try escargots. If prepared correctly, they are buttery, garlicky and melt in your mouth.

    The best advice I can give you is what I mentioned last time we hung out: be sure to check out the restaurants that are extremely busy and populated with locals!

    I can't wait to hear all about your trip!

    Bisous!

    Em

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try the escargots! I ate one kind of by accident once after swearing I'd never try it. It really is just garlicky buttery goodness and its not weird at all. So excited for pictures and to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete