Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Yum?

by Emi

Like most women, I am on a constant search for the perfect bag. To be honest I am not really a bag person. I definitely like to look at them, usually the more expensive the better, but I don’t own many and I don’t change my bag often. The reason might be that I generally don’t find many bags that I want to actually purchase, and the ones that I do want to purchase would set me back a $1000+. I did recently post about the Cambridge Satchel, but that’s more of an exception then normal for me. On that note, yesterday I found just the kind of bag that I like, a nice soft leather tote. I think for work and maybe life in general I like a tote bag. Sometimes it’s a little hard to find everything in there, but you also don’t have to search through 20 pockets to find what you’re looking for. I like the simplicity.


This one is by Marlow & Sons, which is actually a restaurant in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. I’ve eaten at their sister restaurant next door, Diner, and it was delicious. They also own a butcher shop called Marlow & Daughters, and apparently this is where the leather is coming from. Instead of just discarding all the hides they have from their butcher business, they are own turning them into classic looking handbags, with rich soft leathers. The prices are really reasonable too. There isn’t much information available online yet, but I think I will make a special trip out there to check out the handbags, and eat of course too. Sounds like a win-win to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment