Thursday, June 24, 2010

New Shirt!

by Liz

In my quest to get through my fabric stash I finished this shirt last night:

It is a free pattern I found over on Burdastyle, a really great place for patterns and project inspiration. This one was the Port Elizabeth cap sleeve top. You can download the pattern for yourself here. The shirt was super quick to make, however the fabric I picked was really fussy so the hem and neckline were a bit annoying. I plan on making a bunch of these in varying lengths. For better or worse, crop tops are starting to surface again and somewhat back in style but I've been seeing them worn with long layers underneath (thank god) so this is my attempt at something like that. I don't know if you can tell in the picture, but the shirt ends at my natural waist.

Sarah, who designed the pattern, has a blog and etsy shop with more patterns for sale. So cute! I also emailed her a couple questions about my pattern downloads and she was so friendly and responsive. I highly recommend trying them for yourself. Can't wait to see what else she comes up with. Here are pictures of two more of her patterns.




No comments:

Post a Comment