Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Ace Hotel

by Emi


The Ace Hotel on 29th St. is one of the newer hotel hot spots. It’s a boutique hotel originally from Portland, Oregon. The hotel itself I believe is in a converted public school and the rooms have different themes. One of the room options is a bunk style, ie: twin bunk beds. That kind of sleeping arrangement doesn’t interest me so much, but the dinning options there do. The Ace Hotel is home to The Breslin, No.7 Sub, and Stumptown Coffee Roasters.


The Breslin is April Bloomfield’s newest ode to the pig restaurant. April’s first big restaurant was the Spotted Pig, which is still going strong, and still pretty delicious. The Breslin doesn’t take reservations, and has long lines. I doubt I’ll be making it there anytime soon, but I plan on trying No.7 Sub stat. These are not your average sub, and menu changes frequently from what I understand. I recently read about the Eggplant Parm w/Fontina, Yellow Squash, Pickled Jalapenos, and BBQ Potato Chips. Umm…yum. Also currently on the menu is General Tso’s Tofu w/Pickled Rhubarb, Peas, and Roasted Garlic. I’m making myself starving just thinking about these amazing sounding sandwiches. I think I might try one on Friday night and maybe enjoy some Shake Shack ice cream for desert.


I am also a big coffee fan evident from my previous post. Stumptown Coffee Roasters has a lot of buzz about their supposedly delicious coffee. I’ve yet to try it, but am definitely intrigued. I appreciate a place that does one thing, and one thing really well.

Sounds like a good way to spend my Friday dinner.


Photo courtesy of the Ace Hotel

No comments:

Post a Comment