Thursday, June 17, 2010

Look for Less

by Liz

I've been eying these Frye's for a long time and while I know Frye's are high quality there is no way I can justify to myself that spending $318 on red cowboy boots is something my wallet can handle. How amazingly perfect are they?
I have searched high and low for these puppies to be on sale with no such luck. I had tried to find a similar pair that I liked and came up short until this morning. I can't say what made me decide to check out Aldo's website but low and behold...
Pretty darn close, right? And the price is way more my style ringing in at $59.98 on sale. Perhaps red cowboy boots will be in my future after all.

And while I am at it, I've been a major fan of the Elizabeth and James knuckle ring. I know its totally insane and giant, but like I said before, I love the big baubles.

Again, definitely out of the budget at $195. I searched around for some knock offs and heard about some that people found on eBay but they didn't have great reviews. Then on a rainy Sunday afternoon I found this gem on Etsy:

At $75 it is still definitely expensive, but I'd rather spend that and support someone's handmade craft then let shopbop suck all my money away.

**Random side note - Emi and I saw one of the shopbop models at Lollapalooza last year!**

Happy shopping everyone!

(Photos by Frye, Aldo, Shopbop, and Ashaloo)

No comments:

Post a Comment