Wednesday, June 30, 2010

My Savior

by Emi


There are a couple of things I rely on daily to help me get through the day like coffee, Garance Dore, my ipod, and Labello lip balm. I am a lip balm devotee. I can't live without it, and I am not a makeup person. I buy three things: Fiberwig mascara (the best Japanese mascara!), Chanel nail polish, and Labello lip balm. I used to be a Blistex only user, but my last trip to Italy changed that. I was originally introduced to Labello in college by my roomate Jess. I don't know how she found out about them, but she used to order them online every once in a while for us. That habit got a little expensive and difficult to order online, so I eventually switched back to Blistex. While in Italy I lost my lipbalm so I went to a supermarket and discovered they had Labello for around 3,00 euros. By the end of the trip I had purchased a handful more. This spring with my Labello stash going low, and I had to ask my boss to pick some up for me in Berlin. That's how much I love it. I have people smuggle it in for me.

Labello is actually a German brand even though Labello means the beautiful in Italian. My favorite is the dark blue Classic Care. It's just really velvety smooth, moisturizing, and has a really mild scent. I hate having some stinky purfumey smell sitting under my nose. My boss brought me back the Hydro Care. The sales person told him it was better. I like it just fine, but better it is not. Soon a German colleague is visiting me, and she is going to bring me Soft Rose, which I'm hoping doesn't really smell like roses, but just imparts a nice subtle rose color. Labello comes in a wide variety of purposes and colors. Next trip to Europe I will definitely be bringing back more Labello. Maybe I'll go crazy and collect them all. They just came out with a Lemon and Olive style. Color me intrigued. If your interested you can find out more about Labello here.


No comments:

Post a Comment