Tuesday, July 6, 2010

My One and Only Tribute to Frankies

by Emily

If you live in NYC, and tend to read food blogs/publications pertaining to local eateries, you've most definitely heard of Frankies Spuntino. Conveniently enough, my boyfriend resided in Carroll Gardens, Brooklyn for two years, so we had the pleasure of eating at their Brooklyn establishment on occasion.

I like Frankies. I do. Do I LOVE Frankies, like everyone else seems to? Mehhhh....I tend to be more enthused by menus that actually change, and incorporate more of a seasonal approach, with varied ingredients.

There is something to be said, however, for their appreciation of really basic, enduring dishes. And one of the more memorable things I've had the pleasure of eating over the years is their tomato sauce.

Recently, they published a cookbook of their recipes for avid fans and devote patrons who just can't seem to get enough. Luckily, I don't need to buy it to get the one recipe that my boyfriend and I garner as a simple, yet show-stopping dish.

Behold Frankies' Tomato Sauce, which we patiently "mothered" for 4 hours over medium heat, and then sealed into jars for the coming months.





No comments:

Post a Comment